So they added a new WYSIWYG editor in WordPress own app for iOS. And to my Initial amazement it looks like it handles images the correct way by first uploading them, and then gives you the different automatically created sizes done by the server. Maybe I’m finally able to upload images and have Retina support without having to use my Editorial workflow? But when looking at the generated HTML, the height and width of the images is set to zero. It points the URL to the full resolution image, even if you select a smaller one. Not good. If you save a draft, it forgets your image settings like alignment and title.
Getting better speed over WiFi
Most people today have their computers, phones and media players connected via Wi-Fi. But is your wireless network operating at the highest speed? Well, there’s a couple of things you can do to increase both the reach and your connection speed with some simple configuration changes. Let’s see if we can increase your Wi-Fi speed.
The next couple of weeks I’m going to write a couple of blog posts on how to speed up your internet connection on Mac OS X (and other operating systems), using some simple tools. First up is an easy way of increase the speed of loading web pages by optimizing the DNS you are using […][Continue reading]
“Mapping WiFi Signals in 3 Dimensions” 3D wifi plot image Adam Fabio, Hackaday: [Charles] is on a quest to complete ever more jaw-dropping hacks with the popular low-cost ESP8266 WiFi modules. This week’s project is plotting WiFi received signal strength in 3D space. While the ESP8266 is capable of providing a Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI), […][Continue reading]
I’m working on my script for uploading images directly from the iOS Markdown text editor app Editorial to WordPress. The current script uses xmlrpc-Wordpress library, but I’m writing my own so the user doesn’t have to install the extra library just to use my script. When uploading files with xmlrpclib, I got this annoying thing […][Continue reading]
I helped my boss today with a weird problem. In his calendars on his iOS devices, an extra line would show up, displaying the GMT time of the event. The event was placed correctly in the timeline, but it included the GMT time in the text. Naturally I did the obligatory Google search and found […][Continue reading]